Boston Nutrition Obesity Research Center
Seminar Series/Study Group Listings
- BNORC Adipose and Metabolic Study Group Seminars: Meets select Tuesdays at 10am
- Monday Nutrition Seminars at the Harvard School of Public Health
- Tufts - HNRCA Monday Seminar Series
DIVISION OF NUTRITION AT HARVARD, LONGWOOD NUTRITION SEMINAR 2014-2015,
Meets 1st Tuesday of Each Month, 12:00 – 1:00 PM
Fall Obesity Working Group Meeting
Sponsored by the Epidemiology and Genetics Core of BNORC
Time and Date: Monday, October 24, 2016 from 2:30-5:00 PM
Location: Kresge 110 at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Weight history and mortality in the NHS/NHSII/HPFS
Edward Yu, MS, Student in Department of Nutrition
- Predicted lean body mass, fat mass and mortality
Donghoon Lee, MS – Student in Department of Nutrition
You Wu, BS – Student in Department of Epidemiology
- NCDs and Obesity: A solution to the “causes of the causes”
Kevin Rogers, MAI/O, MACP, PhD Candidate in Health Psychology
- BNORC hosts an Annual Program or Retreat that provides an opportunity for Center members and other Boston area investigators and clinicians to participate in scientific exchange. This program includes participation of all currently-funded Pilot and Feasibility investigators and is attended by the Center’s Scientific Advisory Committee.
- Obesity Medicine Interhospital Rounds is a conference series, which is a collaborative effort among the obesity treatment programs at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston Medical Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Tufts Medical Center and the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. It will be held Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:00 pm approximately 6 times per year, rotating to a different hospital for each session.
- Annual symposium or workshop organized by one of the four core laboratories. These programs are intended to provide an educational forum for new and established investigators in the area(s) of expertise of the responsible core laboratory.
- Participation in the ongoing Continuing Medical Education course co-sponsored by Harvard Medical School, Tufts University School of Medicine, and the NAASO: The Obesity Society to transfer the latest information on the causes, consequences and treatment of obesity to the practicing physician. Participation of Center members in the course provides expertise not readily available elsewhere. In addition, BNORC’s inclusion in the CME course helps to promote the identity of the Center and establishes the Center as a resource for expertise in obesity related activities.
- BNORC Adipose and Metabolic Study Group Seminars (ABM Core): The Study Group meeting includes research seminars and presentations of research in progress and grant proposals for critical review. These bi-monthly meetings are held at BUSM.
- Obesity Journal Club (Clinical and Community Research Core): The Obesity Journal Club meets semi-weekly at TUSM to review papers published in biomedical journal that relate to obesity in population settings. Occasionally, the hour is used for doctoral students to present and get feedback on work in progress.
- Epidemiology Working Group Sponsored Seminars (Epidemiology and Genetics Core): This seminar series is held at Harvard School of Public Health and highlights a guest lecturer in a related field. Please click here for a link to upcoming seminars in the Department of Nutrition, HSPH.
Adipose Seminar SeriesSponsored by the Adipose Tissue Biology and Nutrient Metabolism Core (ABM) of BNORC
Tuesday, Nov 1, 2016, from 10:00–11:00 AM
M. Dafne Cardamone, Ph.D. Instructor of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine
Location: BUMC, EBRC Building, 650 Albany Street, 7th Floor, Room 714
18th Annual Frontiers in Diabetes Research Conference
Biology of the Adipocyte: Causes and Effects in Diabetes and Obesity
Saturday, November 19, 2016 from 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
This one-day program is designed for scientists/investigators, students and clinicians with an interest in diabetes and/or obesity. As in the past, emphasis will be on the presentation of new and unpublished data, and on vigorous interactions between the audience and speakers.
Location: Russ Berrie Medical Science Pavilion, Columbia University Medical Center, 1150 St. Nicholas Avenue at 168th Street, New York, New York, 1st Floor Conference Room
Pre-registration is required. You can register online or obtain additional information at: or http://columbiacme.org.
Ongoing Enrichment Activities
Description of Educational Opportunities
Please note that the Center’s Administrative Core distributes a weekly list of local enrichment activities related to nutrition and obesity via email to BNORC members and others who have expressed an interest. This list includes seminars and programs that are sponsored and/or co-sponsored by the Center as well as other offerings that are not related to the Center. Please email the Center Administrator (email@example.com) if you would like to be added to this list.